Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Things Done By Those Who Wait

We've all heard that age-old expression, "Good things come to those who wait." It sounds nice, doesn't it? When you are stuck in the waiting phase, though, it doesn't feel "good" at all. I wanted to start a blog and wise people say you should write about what you know. I know a little about a lot of things, but not a lot about any one thing. One lesson I've been learning for awhile is patience while waiting.

So, I've decided it would be nice if I could find a way to do good things WHILE waiting, instead of waiting for good things! I had a pastor who said during a sermon that when we experience a period of waiting (and we all will), we should engage in activities that God can bless. This blog is my way of engaging in something that is positive during the wait and I hope that God can bless it

We are waiting for our second child. We adopted our daughter 3 years ago (she is now 4). The whole process took 12 months. We thought that was a very long time. We are now adopting again. We started the process over 24 months ago. That 12 month process is looking darn speedy to us now!

I've spent enough (ok...way too much) time whining, complaining, worrying and grumping about the wait. Time to find something good to do.

Let's talk about anything and everything good that we can do during the wait. I know there is a whole adoption community out there waiting right along with me. Let's do some good stuff. What are your ideas?

No comments: