Friday, April 25, 2008

Next question: What exactly is a "good thing?"

For me, a "good thing" is anything that helps me focus on something positive while waiting, instead of drowning in the negative, "this isn't fair" routine that I sometimes find myself in. It could be anything from volunteering in your community to cleaning out your purse/wallet.

Some days I have vision and energy and do things like start an adoption ministry at my church. Other days I aim to turn off the TV and read more books to my child. Perhaps clean under the couch or clip some coupons.

Those are all good things, really. The focus is off the "waiting" and on the "living". Taking care of my community, my family, my home, and myself are great places to look for ways to make good stuff happen around me.

I'd like to talk about the little stuff and the big stuff. Some days I can only handle the little stuff, but it all adds up in the end. Each day that passes is not only one day closer to my child, but each day is a gift to be enjoyed in itself.

No comments: