Thursday, September 4, 2008

Found a Flower



My blog tag line says that I'm stuck in the weeds of waiting, but looking for the flowers. The photo is one of the morning glories that greet me every morning in my back yard. The past 4 months, we have been trying to sell our house. We almost did last weekend, and the buyer backed out. I think that was a blessing. We've realized that selling isn't a bad idea, but it is not the wisest decision for us right now. So, instead of focusing on all the things we dislike about our house and neighborhood, we are focusing on all the things we like. The "for sale" sign is coming down.

Funny how when you zoom in on the good stuff in your life, your attitude is cheerful and calm. On the flip side, when you think about all that isn't perfect, all the stuff you don't have, all the things that could go wrong, your attiude and stress level suffer. It's hard to remember how lucky we are, isn't it? Am I the only one who constantly struggles in this area? What are you zooming in on in your life these days? Are your thoughts full of good stuff or stress?

I'm gonna go smell the flowers...our flowers in our yard at our house. Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've been trying to e-mail your hotmail account but the messages are bouncing back to me. I have good info. Do you have another e-mail account that isn't hotmail? Try messaging me from that.