Friday, June 20, 2008

Fun-Raising Friday-- Picnic with Daddy

Some days you just need to get out of the house. Usually, Daddy comes home from work for lunch. There are many things about his job that he isn't crazy about, but lunch with his girls is one great perk! Today, we decided to kidnap Daddy and take him out for a picnic.

We picked him up at work and went to a local park near his office. My daughter helped me pack some snacks and sandwiches. She was so excited to take Daddy on a picnic. Nothing fancy, but lots of fun. There was some extra time for my daughter to play on the playground equipment, too.

My Dad worked in a factory. We lived out in the country, so he couldn't come home for lunch. A few times (and I could probably count them on one hand), we met him at his work for a picnic. They had a picnic table outside of the factory and I thought it was so cool to be at my Dad's workplace. I'll have to ask him if he remembers those picnics. I know I still do! I hope my daughter will, too.

So, pack a picnic and go outside for lunch. Save gas and head to the neighborhood playground or your backyard. If it's too hot/ not hot enough/ too rainy, then spread a blanket out in the living room and have at it. Picnics are just plain fun. Even the word picnic is fun. Say it a fews time fast!

It's the little things that get me through this wait. Humor me!

No comments: