Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Can't Find the UPC code....

I just heard about this website called waitable.com. Apparently, you enter the UPC code or description of the item you are looking for and a price. When they find a website that meets your price, they send you an email. So, if you are wanting to make a big purchase, but want a good deal, they do the price shopping. You just sit and wait until you get an email that they've found it. That old friend of mine, delayed gratification...I could buy it now at any price, or I could wait for the right price and get it later.

Unfortunately, what I am waiting for doesn't have a UPC code and is priceless! However, it got me thinking. Reminds me how sometimes I see clothes that I like at stores, but I don't buy them. I wait for a good sale. I've walked by the same shirt 10 times in a season and thought how I liked it, but I'll wait. Don't you appreciate it more when you wait for it? Anticipation and all that...

So, our next child is surely going to be very appreciated because I have been building up anticipation for quite a while now! Certainly not the same as waiting for a good sale, a new car, etc. But, totally worth the wait!

What things in your life do you appreciate more because you waited a bit for them? My hubby comes to mind. I didn't get married until I was 27. In the perfect life plan I had laid out in my head, I was going to be married by 24 and have kids by 27. That didn't quite work out. However, I'm glad I didn't marry any of the guys I dated when I was in my early 20's. My life would be so different. I'm glad I waited for the guy God had picked out for me. (I can see God shaking his head now, thinking I might be catching on to something here!). How 'bout you? From a new shirt, to a great hubby...what's been worth the wait in your life? Leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Faye said...

Worth the wait? My daughter Camille... but that was back in 2005 and we only waited 7 months then... at the time it seemed like an eternity... now I know how lucky we truly were. Hang in there!

Michele said...

We waited 5 1/2 months the first time and we thought that was LONG! Ahhh...perspective, funny thing isn't it?