Friday, May 23, 2008

Waiting Expectantly

My heart is so burdened by the Chapman family tragedy that I just can't come up with a "Fun-Raising" Friday post today. Steven Curtis Chapman's music has influenced my Christian walk for many years. About 4 years ago, I read an article his wife wrote in a Christian magazine about their decision to adopt. God used that article and other things to change my heart and lead us to adoption. Their foundation helped inspire me to start an adoption ministry at my church. I feel like I know them and I hurt like that child was my own relative. I know there are a lot of hurting families in the world dealing with loss right now. The Chapman's have hope, something many families do not have. I know that God will use these horrible circumstances to bring about a mighty good in this world. I eagerly anticipate watching how He will continue to use this family.

On that note, here's a link to a great article on anticipation and waiting.
http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2008/05/anticipation.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this. My hubby and I are waiting to adopt an older child from San Diego County. Waiting is hard- but I know that God has the right child in mind for us.

jenetta